Clockworks
Thanks for registering!
Make sure you post something in the Hello & Goodbye section to let everyone know you're on the forum!
Clockworks
Thanks for registering!
Make sure you post something in the Hello & Goodbye section to let everyone know you're on the forum!
Clockworks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scamming! In game fraude!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pytharios
Guild Master
Guild Master
Pytharios

Number of messages : 41
Registration Date : 2012-08-10
Area we can track you down in : Lagendia's four floors of whores

Scamming! In game fraude! Empty
PostSubject: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty11th August 2012, 8:03 am

Fellow members,

This topic is created for everyone to add with, and to learn various ways of scam, so that everyone can learn how to avoid them.
Any suggestions for other scams will be accepted. This topic is to learn and be aware only!!

If any of the Staff finds out you have been using these scams on others, Immediate ban will result, from the site and from the guild.

And remember,

Keeping an eye out, or selling TH prevents ALL scams

-Most obvious one-

Item/Money scam

This scam is found in a lot of forms.
The basic idea of the scam is, that the scammer earns the trust of a fellow player, and uses it against him, gaining items, and money.
Possibilities are:

-The seller of an item has his objects not sealed, but has no money to buy stamps. He requests you to trade with him, so he can purchase them, with mostly an item in return,
that however doesnt match up to the value of the item you're purchasing.

Example:

Pytharios: B> [Apocalypse sword] +8
Seller: Hey I have one, but I dont have the money to seal it. If you give me seal money, ill trade you my [Cerberus Shield]+10 and I can purchase. Then we trade the shield for the Sword.

A Cerberus shield is nowhere near the value of an apocalypse sword +8

Manticore Shoulder scam

It's called the manticore shoulder scam because the most found item using in this scam is a Manticore shoulder because of the old value of the item. [Since it has dropped scammers have used different items]

When you sell an item outside the TH, possibilities are a member shows up and offers you an (mostly an impossibly high) amount of gold for it, + a [Manticore Shoulder]
When you press "Ok", the scammer has most likely already removed all the gold from the trading window, leaving you with only a manticore shoulder.

This scam is only used in valuable items, as they would always be more worth than the item theyre giving away.

Rage scam

This scam is also a scam that can only be made in the trade window.
Scammers that sell items, or purchase items, will not press on "ok" at the end of the trade, and blame the game for it.
They will have you re trade many times, until the point where you, if hot headed or inpatient, start ramming on the OK button.
The scammer wont put his money or the item in (or the wrong item, see scam below) and will quickly press ok.
You have now traded your precious item against nothing.

Item scam

Since I thought of this scam myself (no im not a scammer, I just found a glitch in the system... ~ish), i thought it would be very easy for real scammers to find out or maybe even use. (I havent seen it in use yet)

A seller will have 2 items. Lets say:

[Magician's sylvie ana ring]
stats:
Attack power 5.8%~5.8%
Magic attack power 5.8%~5.8%
STR: 4,50%
Critical: 17,00%
Mp recovery: 15,00%

and

[Magician's sylvie ana ring]

using the same technique as above, the scammer will have you use multiple trades, until in the last trade he will switch the valuable item for the less valuable one.
Before hitting OK, always remember to look at the item!

CC scam

The scammer will promise you he will buy an item out of the CC store for you, as soon as you have given him money.
First of all remember that CC items are NOT tradeable in normal trade but only in TH trades, so dont be fooled by this one.
After the money transfer, the scammer will ofcourse be gone.

Now onto another scam provided by the DN community.

Guild storage scam

If you ever decide to leave Clockworks because you dont like it anymore, or lost interest, we can't blame you. But we can help you!
It is known and possible that GM's of guilds invite players over to the guild, and then request them to make a guild donation.
The donation will be put in the pockets of the GM and the member will be banned from the guild.
Even though moderators are active against this, be aware.

Play safe, and dont get scammed.

Once again. This was for information and prevention ONLY.
NOT for use.
Back to top Go down
Ailidh
Guild Master
Guild Master
Ailidh

Number of messages : 27
Registration Date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty12th August 2012, 12:35 am

Nice guide. I would also recommend people to check twice before trading, because it has happened to me before and i lost a lot of gold.
Back to top Go down
https://clockworks.forumotion.com
NuKaiza
NuKaiza

Number of messages : 52
Registration Date : 2012-08-16
Area we can track you down in : Marshall Islands

PostSubject: Re: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty17th August 2012, 3:13 pm

I didn't even know there were this many kind of scams... O_O

Regardless...all the more reason why I should stick to TH...! Thanks for the infos...! XD
Back to top Go down
zeref198
Event Master
Event Master
zeref198

Cleric Number of messages : 69
Registration Date : 2012-08-17
Area we can track you down in : Find me in a motel :D

PostSubject: Re: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty23rd August 2012, 4:59 am

This proves that Pyth know how to scam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ProTaps
Goblin
Goblin
ProTaps

Number of messages : 7
Registration Date : 2012-09-29
Area we can track you down in : Middle East

PostSubject: Re: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty29th September 2012, 1:59 am

+1 on Volkoid Razz

Bumper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scamming! In game fraude!   Scamming! In game fraude! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scamming! In game fraude!
Page 1 of 1